Thinking of Becoming a Member of Our Church? Here’s how!
After you have worshipped at our church for a while, you may be interested in becoming a member. When you join our church, you are strengthening your connection to the church and you are joining a community. You are telling people around you that this is now your spiritual home. We welcome you!
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rev. Heike Werder (email@example.com). They will give you more information on what membership means at our church and also let you know the next date we will be holding a new members ceremony.
Here is a general overview of what happens during the membership process:
1. Every two to three months, the church holds a new members ceremony in the chapel before worship.
2. New members will tell the ministers how they want to be introduced. The ministers will read this short bio during the new members ceremony.
3. A short ceremony will take place where the new members are asked to answer a few “yes” and “no” questions about their faith in God.
4. New members will sign a book to indicate they have formally joined our church.
5. We will take pictures of new members for our members’ bulletin board.
6. We then introduce new members during the announcements at the beginning of the worship service that same day.
7. The Membership Team and Deacons host a special new member “Meet and Greet” in the Reception Room after worship.
For a brochure on what it means to become a member in a United Church of Christ church, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 781-444-2510. Also, visit www.ucc.org for more information on the United Church of Christ.