The purpose of The Congregational Church of Needham Library is to support teaching, worship and outreach, and to help individuals develop an understanding of their faith as a people of God in a Christian Community. We offer a collection of over 300 books.
Browse our online listing of books available to borrow by clicking here.
New Books and Library News:
The following new books have recently been added to the library shelves.
Title and Author
The Case for God
By Karen Armstrong
The Heart of Christianity: Rediscovering a Life of Faith
By Marcus J. Borg
The Essential Dalai Lama: His Important Teachings
Edited by Rajiv Mehrotra
The Places that Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times
The Future of Faith
By Harvey Cox
Living Buddha, Living Christ
By Thich Nhat Hanh
Stones into Schools: Promoting Peace with Books, Not Bombs, in Afghanistan and Pakistan
By Greg Mortenson
Eternal Life: A New Vision
By John Shelby Spong
TO CHECK-OUT A BOOK:
1. Sign your name, date and phone number on the library card found inside the pocket in the back of the book.
2. Place the card in the library card index box and take your book with you. THE LENDING PERIOD IS THREE WEEKS.
TO RETURN A BOOK:
1. Find the book’s card in the library card index box.
2. Return the card to the pocket in the back of the book.
3. File the book on the bookshelf by number.
We welcome your suggestions and feedback on the church library collection. For more information or to suggest a book to add to our library, please contact the Church Library Committee: Deb Abraham, Suzanne Barth, Stephanie Oddleifson and Nancy Tegeler.