Through its Guatemala Partnership, the Congregational Church of Needham has been engaged in a novel and far-reaching relationship with the rural community of Santa María Tzejá in Guatemala. Please visit us at http://www.guatemalapartners.org/
Since the mid-1980′s, the congregation has actively supported the village by:
– witnessing for social justice in the village, Guatemala and around the world.
– offering financial support for community-wide education and development programs.
– encouraging one on one relationships between members of the village and members of the Needham and greater Boston communities.
You can find out more by following the links below.
•Labor Day Sermon, Sept. 6, 2009, by Bill and Madison Garrett (with visuals)
•22 Years of Partnership: The Congregational Church of Needham and Santa María Tzeja, Guatemala (Revised 2009)22 Years of Partnership
• Partners Across Borders: Santa María Tzejá, Guatemala and the Congregational Church of Needham, Massachusetts (CASE STUDY 1996 revision)
• Critical Education for a New Guatemala: Pioneers of Santa María Tzejá Pursue Freedom NEW
• School of the Americas Watch Protest Report (Nov, 2005)
Recent Delegation Trip Reports
•February 2014 Trip Report
• February 2013 Trip Report
•February 2012 Trip Report
•August 2011 Trip Report
•February 2011 Trip Report
•February 2010 Trip Report
•Aug 2009 Trip Report
•February 2009 Trip Report
•February 2008 Trip Report
•Delegation News for Needham Partner Families August 2008
•August 2008 Trip Report