Please join us as we celebrate the mission of our church and the important role it plays in each of our lives. During the month of November, in Sunday services and beyond, we will have the chance look at the impact that is made through our financial support and share with each other what we love about the church and our dreams for its future.
Whether it is music, community outreach, children’s education, or the support provided by our pastors and fellow congregants, we all are touched by the blessings of our church. Let’s imagine what is possible if we all come together, stretching our support, to enrich our church community. With your help, we can live out our dreams in the coming year.
This year we have set a lofty goal of $450,000 to give the church the best possible means to fund these dreams. To meet this goal, we hope each family will give prayerful consideration to increasing their support. Ideally, the average gift would be $5,000 per family. For some they can give more and for other this won’t be possible, but we hope each family will consider what level of a stretch pledge your family can make. Enrolling in automatic giving, making a gift from an IRA Rollover, or giving appreciated stock may make such a gift possible.
How does your gift make an impact?
- Inspiring worship that uplifts, guides, and challenges;
- Loving care that’s provided to our children through the church’s many programs, such as Faith Formation and youth group fellowships;
- Joyful music, made together, that gives our spirits voice;
- Abundant fellowship, enjoyed in over 30 different groups, teams, and committees, ranging from the Men’s Breakfast Group to the Friendly Society to the Cancer Support Group;
- Meaningful opportunities to live out our faith by promoting justice and peace through our many outreach programs including Baby Basics, Guatemala Partnership, Greater Boston Food Bank, Needham Steps Up, and many more!
Ways to Give:
Pledges can be submitted by:
- Bringing or mailing your pledge sheet to church (click here to print a paper copy of the pledge card)
- Filling out the pledge form below; or
- Contacting Danielle Jurdan in the church office at 781-444-2510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you consider your giving, here are a few additional ways to make a more significant gift
- Make recurring payments directly through your checking account or credit card.
- Sign up for reoccurring electronic giving through the church’s on-line form.
- Already giving electronically? Updates can be made through the church office. (Check “please update my electronic giving” below)
Now is a great time to make gifts of appreciated stock! Take advantage of the strong market and make your gift through stock without having to pay capital gains taxes. Contact Danielle at the church office for more details.
Charitable IRA Rollovers
If you are age 70 ½ or older, you can use your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to make a tax-wise gift to the church. Contact your IRA administrator to request that a charitable distribution be transferred to the Congregational Church of Needham.
To facilitate planning for 2018, we ask that you submit your pledge information by November 30, 2017.